Xem toàn bộ tài liệu Lớp 9: tại đây
Học Tốt Tiếng Anh Lớp 9 Unit 7: Saving energy giúp bạn giải các bài tập trong sách bài tập tiếng anh, học tốt tiếng anh 9 tập trung vào việc sử dụng ngôn ngữ (phát âm, từ vựng và ngữ pháp) để phát triển bốn kỹ năng (nghe, nói, đọc và viết):
1. (trang 67 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Use and, but, because and so to connect each half-sentence in column A with one half-sentence in column B. You can write more than six sentences.
1 – c Ann studied every subject very hard, so she won her school’s Best Student Prize this year.
1 – a Ann studied every subject very hard, but she was not happy with her results.
2 – c Hoa was offered a vacation in Singapore because she won her school’s Best Student Prize this year.
3 – d Quynh could go to upper-secondary school without taking the entrance examination, but her parents did not let her go to the beach with them.
4 – b Van Anh was very good at Vietnamese in grade 8, but she is not interested in the subject in grade 9.
4 – e Van Anhwas very good at Vietnamese in grade 8, so her teacher of Vietnamese was very happy.
5 – c Mai tried her best and she won her schoors Best Student Prize this year.
5 – f Mai tried her best, but she failed the final exam last year.
6 – e Trang worked hard on Vietnamese, so her teacher of Vietnamese was very happy.
6 – f Trang worked hard on Vietnamese, but she failed the final exam last year.
2. (trang 67 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Use and or but to combine two sentences in each pair below into one sentence.
a. Quang sold his old newspaper and bought textbooks for the new school year.
b. Nga’s family is aware of saving energy and (they) can save a lot of money every month.
c. Mrs. Thanh wants to buy energy-saving bulbs but (she) doesn’t know where to buy them.
d. Mr. Nam found a dripping faucet in his kitchen and (he) got a plumber to fix it.
e. The Browns want to use solar energy but (they) do not have enough money to buy necessary equipment.
f. Saving energy conserves the Earth’s natural resources and (it) helps to protect the environment.
3. (trang 68 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): What do these people do? Match each word with its definition. Write full sentences.
1 – e A locksmith is a person who makes and repairs locks.
2 – f A bricklayer ịs a person who has skills in building with bricks.
3 – a An electrician is a person whose occupation is the installation, maintenance, repair, or operation of electric equipment and circuitry.
4 – b A plumber is a person who installs and repairs water pipes.
5 – c A goldsmith is a person who makes and repairs articles of gold.
6 – d A carpenter is a skilled worker who makes, finishes, and repairs wooden objects and pieces of furniture.
4. (trang 69 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Fill in the gap in each sentence below with a suitable phrasal verb in the box.
|a. turn off||e. saw (me) off|
|b. take off||f. come off|
|c. getting off||g. gone off|
|d. go off||h. cut off|
5. (trang 69 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): What do you suggest to the following people?
a. I suggest (that) they should have some ginger tea / some aspirin.
b. I suggest (that) he should have a plumber repair it.
I suggest (that) he should have it repaired by a plumber.
c. I suggest (that) they should tum the lights off when they leave.
d. I suggest (that) she should travel by bike.
I suggest (that) she should use less motorcycle.
I suggest (that) she should have her motorcycle / it serviced.
e. I suggest (that) Hoang should have his electric fan / it repaired.
I suggest (that) Hoang should buy a new one.
f. I suggest (that) he should check the prices first.
I suggest (that) he should buy a new model.
6. (trang 70 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): “To” + verb or verb + “ing”? Use the correct form of a suitable verb from the box to complete each of the sentences below.
|a. to help||d. to turn||g. writing|
|b. taking||e. using – to reduce||h. to save|
|c. spending||f. fixing||i. conserving – to do|
7. (trang 71 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Fill in each gap with ONE suitable word.
|1. and||6. can|
|2. ago||7. from|
|3. used||8. less|
|4. energy||9. reduces|
|5. recycling||10. than|
8. (trang 72 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the tips for saving water and choose the correct title for each tip. Tip 2 has been done for you.
|1. Washing Food||4. Toilet|
|2. Dripping Tap||5. Kettles|
|3. Washing Your Car||6. Showers.|
9. (trang 73 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Read the passage and fill in each gap with the most suitable word. Circle A, B, C or D.
|1. B||6. C||11. B|
|2. D||7. A||12. A|
|3. C||8. D||13. C|
|4. A||9. D||14. A|
|5. B||10. C|
10. (trang 74 sbt Tiếng Anh 9): Use the correct from of the verbs in brackets to complete the sentences.
|1. saving||6. conditioner||11. performence|
|2. improvements||7. cooling||12. using|
|3. equipment||8. businesses||13. adjusting|
|4. information||9. environmentally||14. consumption – consumption|
|5. comfortable||10. attractive||15. appliances|